Simplicity: 2133 Girls' Frozen Costume (4-Nov-2014)The now-iconic "Snow Queen" dress, as worn by Elsa in the movie Frozen. This was my daughter's Halloween costume this past year, and yes, I did finish it in time for Halloween, even if I didn't blog about until a few days later.
- Pattern link: http://www.simplicity.com/p-11879-disneys-frozen-costume-for-children.aspx
- Fabric used:
- Cape: Glitter/snowflake organza from HelenEnoxFabrics on Etsy
- Bodice: Sequined fabric from JoAnn's.
- Skirt underlayer: Costume satin from JoAnn's. I also lined the bodice with this same fabric.
- Skirt overlayer: Iridescent organza from JoAnn's.
- Full post: http://happilycaffeinated.blogspot.com/2014/11/finished-project-simplicity-1233-elsa.html
|Queen Elsa and her Halloween candy|
Blank Slate Patterns: Zippy Jacket (8-Oct-2014)Cute knit track-style jacket with circular pockets.
- Pattern link: http://blankslatepatterns.com/collections/girls-1/products/zippy-jacket
- Fabric used: Cotton blend jersey from Girl Charlee. Cotton ribbing from Girl Charlee.
- Full post: http://happilycaffeinated.blogspot.com/2014/10/finished-project-blank-slate-zippy.html
|Blank Slate Zippy Jacket|
Peek-a-Boo Patterns: Poppy Polo Dress (6-Oct-2014)Polo shirt and dress pattern with option for contrast placket and collar.
- Pattern link: http://www.peekaboopatternshop.com/poppy-polo/
- Fabric used: Rayon blend jersey from Girl Charlee.
- Full post: http://happilycaffeinated.blogspot.com/2014/10/finished-project-peek-boo-patterns.html
|Peek-a-Boo Patterns Poppy Polo dress|
Green Bee Designs & Patterns: Sally Romper & Dress (8-Sep-2014)Super cute romper and dress pattern. Pattern has clean-finished insides and side seam pockets.
- Pattern link: http://greenbeepatterns.bigcartel.com/product/sally-romper-and-dress
- Fabric used: Michael Miller quilting cotton from the "Anchors Aweigh" collection.
- Full post: http://happilycaffeinated.blogspot.com/2014/09/finished-project-green-bee-design.html
|Green Bee Sally Romper|
Blank Slate Patterns: Sleepover Pajamas (30-Jun-2014)Fast and easy summer pajama pattern with an envelope-style neck opening.
- Pattern link: http://blankslatepatterns.com/collections/girls-1/products/sleepover-pajamas
- Fabric used: Fox family cotton jersey blend from Girl Charlee. White contrast binding from stash.
- Full post: http://happilycaffeinated.blogspot.com/2014/06/finished-project-blank-slate-sleepover.html
|Blank Slate Sleepover Pajamas|
Blank Slate Patterns: Retro Romper (9-Jun-2014)A super cute, fun and easy-to-sew 80's era romper.
- Pattern link: http://blankslatepatterns.com/products/retro-romper
- Fabric used: Sophia knit remnant from stash; purchased bias binding from Pacific Fabrics in Seattle.
- Full post: http://happilycaffeinated.blogspot.com/2014/06/finished-project-blank-slate-retro.html
|Blank Slate Retro Romper|
Peek-a-Boo Patterns: Alex & Anna Summer pajamas (30-May-2014)A fast and easy set of knit pajamas for summer weather.
- Pattern link: http://www.peekaboopatternshop.com/alex-anna-summer-pjs/
- Fabric used: Penguin print knit from Girl Charlee + a bamboo/rayon leftover remnant from my stash.
- Full post: http://happilycaffeinated.blogspot.com/2014/05/finished-project-peek-boo-patterns-alex.html
|Peek-a-Boo Alex & Anna summer PJs|
Ottobre Magazine: 6-2013 Pretty Basic Jersey shirt (31-Mar-2014)Basic raglan-sleeved knit top with ruffle detail.
- Pattern link: http://www.ottobredesign.com/lehdet_js/2013_6/index.html?en
- Fabric used: Cotton-lycra blend jersey knit purchased at Mill End in Portland, OR.
- Full post: http://happilycaffeinated.blogspot.com/2014/03/finished-project-ottobre-6-2013-pretty.html
|Ottobre "Pretty Basic" jersey shirt|
Oliver + S: 6-2013 Playtime Tunic and leggings (24-Mar-2014)Cute tunic with pockets and a super-versatile leggings pattern. (As of June 2014, I've made versions of the leggings pattern three times in the past three months.)
- Pattern link: http://oliverands.com/oliver-and-s-patterns/OLV-OS042PTD.html
- Fabric used: Cotton-lycra blend jersey knits purchased at Mill End in Portland, OR.
- Full post: http://happilycaffeinated.blogspot.com/2014/03/finished-project-oliver-s-playtime.html
|Oliver+S Playtime Tunic and Leggings|