Since I last posted, I've had a lot of big changes in my life:
- A few months after that last post, I changed jobs and moved to a much healthier work environment.
- In June 2012, I had my daughter Eva. I can't believe that she's 16 months old now. She's absolutely amazing, and I love being her mom.
- In May 2013, I was canned from my "new" job when the startup company that I worked for laid off 1/3 of its employees, including my whole team. I'm sure that many of you have been through this and know that it's not fun.
- After going on many interviews and evaluating our options, I accepted an offer with the Large Internet Retailer based in Seattle (the name of my team rhymes with Spindle). As a result, we packed up the family, including our four cats, and moved to Seattle last summer.
- In the near term, I am participating in the Cake patterns Red Velvet sewalong. This sewalong runs for the next two weeks, and I'll be blogging my progress here.
- In the long term, I will post about my sewing projects, patterns, fabric, and such.
- For 2014, I am seriously thinking about trying to add some structure to my sewing by coming up with a plan of some sort to push me out of my comfort zone. I have a few ideas for this, which will be a separate post.
- I reserve the right to occasionally post musings about being a new Seattlite, being a mother of a toddler, and whatever topic strikes my fancy. Trust me, if I allow myself to wander "off topic" a bit, I'll be much more likely to keep this blog regularly updated.