Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tuesday drive-by

I haven't abandoned my blog! I've just been super, super busy these past few weeks. Things are completely nuts at work right now, and I'm taking a class this quarter as I continue to chip away at my Project Management certification. The only time that I've had to sew for the past two weeks has been the half hour that I grab by getting up at 6am (before anyone else in the house is up).

But, the good news is that I am very close to having a wearable muslin of the HotPatterns Weekender Daytona Hoodie. I do need a few minor fit adjustments before I make my "good fabric" version, but I'll write up a post for the test run as soon as it's finished. In the meantime, I need to stay off of the Girl Charlee web site because their coordinated prints/solids mid-weight cotton blends would be absolutely perfect for this pattern, and I only need to own so many hoodies.

I don't know about you, but when I'm really stressed out, I shop for fabric (and to a lesser extent, patterns) online when I can grab a minute or two here or there. These past few weeks have not been kind to my debit card.

I normally blog on my lunch break ~twice/week, but things have been so crazy here that I haven't had a lunch break in two weeks.

I have about a half dozen half-written posts saved in "draft" mode on non-project-specific sewing topics. Right now, I'm being reminded that it would be really nice to have one or two of these ready to go for times like these when I really don't have time to do any non-work-related writing!

1 comment:

  1. I know the craziness of life gets int the way and my credit card is actually over the limit for the first time. I am feeling your pain.

    ReplyDelete