|StyleArc Misty Jeans - v2|
To start, I added functional pockets this time around and got a little fancier with the top-stitching, using white top-stitching thread. Out of the envelope, the front pockets are only a mock pocket with a facing and no pocket bag. I realize that by design, this is meant to cut down on bulk in front, but I really like having a place where I can quickly stick my phone at times. And if you know me, you know that function wins out over bulk reduction every time.
|Functional front pocket|
|Back topstitching and pockets|
- Shortened the jeans by 1" above the knee and another 1" below the knee.
- Did a 1/2" full tummy adjustment using Kathleen Cheetham's method.
- Added a 1" wedge at the CB seam (to give more vertical length), tapering to nothing at the side seam.
- Did a 1/2" knock knee alteration (this was meant to get rid of the "X" wrinkles at my knees in back using Sandra Betzina's method. (There were a handful of different ways to do this alteration I found through searching the internet. Sandra's seemed the easiest, so I figured I'd try her method first.)
- Moved the back pockets in and up a touch.
|New Misty jeans on the left; Old pair on the right|
And here's how they look from the back:
|New Misty Jeans on the left; Old pair on the right|
So...I'm getting there. These still aren't quite at the point where I'd just buy a cut of stretch denim and sew them up straight off of my TNT pattern pieces, but I'm pretty happy with my progress. I am sure that you will continue to see more posts from me about new pairs of Misty jeans in the coming months!